Lemon Loaf Cake! A moist lemon cake drenched in a silky lemon glaze. Simple and delicious.
Yes, more lemon. Sorry, I can’t help it. I just love lemon! 😲 🍋
Friends, this loaf cake is crazy easy and if you try it, you will not be disappointed. It’s yummy.
The Ingredients List:
- Flour + Baking powder + Salt
- Lemon juice + zest
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Oil: canola or vegetable
- Additional for glaze: Powdered sugar
No Plain Greek Yogurt on Hand? Use sour cream instead!
Fun fact: I made this cake twice last week. The first time wasn’t a complete success due to my new oven, so, I didn’t even add the glaze. It was still amazing without it. So, if you wish to go without the glaze or cut back on it, it will still be delicious.
Remember: Don’t over mix your batter! A few lumps are just fine. You want the batter to have no wet spots, but, don’t beat it like crazy.
Are you a lemon lover too? Check out the recipe index!
More Recipes for Your Loaf Pan:
- Yogurt Banana Bread
- Coconut Quick Bread
- Low Fat Chocolate Marble Loaf Cake
- Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt ( or sour cream)
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 TBSP lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, yogurt, oil, lemon juice and zest. Whisk until fully combined. Then, add in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until just combined. Don't over mix!
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes, then, remove from the oven and cover the pan lightly with foil. Continue baking another 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 15-20 minutes before removing from pan. Then, remove from pan and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk glaze ingredients together until smooth. Spread on top of cooled cake.
- adapted from the country cook
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 1gSugar: 43gProtein: 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate