Apple Pie Stuffed Cupcakes- Darn delicious cupcakes stuffed full of apple pie filling and topped off with a creamy cinnamon buttercream frosting. Be sure to put these on your holiday menu!
How to Make + A Few Notes
* check the recipe card for full instructions
- Prepare your filling and let it cool while you make the cupcakes.
- Make your cupcakes and let them cool completely before adding your filling and frosting. * Tip: Don’t overmix your batter, it can give you dense cupcakes.
- Fill Your Cupcakes: Take a frosting tip ( I like to use a 1M) and cut out a hole in the middle of your cupcake. If you don’t have a tip, use a small sharp knife. You don’t want to cut too deep, about 1/2 inch. Using a butter knife , gently remove your piece of cupcake.
- Frost your cupcakes. * Remember: Make sure your butter and shortening are softened beforehand.
Will This Work with a Cake Mix?
Yes. If you have a vanilla/yellow/white cake mix in your pantry, you can simply use that instead of the vanilla cupcake recipe below. * Keep in mind …your cake mix will probably make 24 cupcakes and the filling and frosting in this recipe is only for 12 cupcakes. So, you will need to make additional filling and frosting for a cake mix version.
How Many Apples Will I Need?
You will need 1 cup of chopped/peeled apples. This should be approx. 2-3 small/medium size apples.
Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator. They are best eaten in 2-3 days.
More Stuffed Cupcakes To Try
- Caramel Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes with Chocolate Caramel Buttercream Frosting
- Surprise Inside Cupcakes
- Banana Pudding Cupcakes
- Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes with Chocolate Filling
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup, chopped and peeled apples (approx. 2-3 small/medium size apples)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 TBSP butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP milk or cream
- Make The Filling: In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter with the apples, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and cornstarch. Continue cooking until the apples are soft. This should take anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Remove them from the heat and let them cool while you make the cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 count muffin pan or line with cupcake/muffin liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Then, add in eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined. Gradually, add in flour mixture and milk. Alternating between the two. Beat until just combined. Don't over mix. Divide batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely before filling/frosting.
Fill Your Cupcakes:
- Be sure your cupcakes are cooled!
- Take a frosting tip ( I like to use a 1M) and cut out a hole in the middle of your cupcake. If you don't have a tip, use a small sharp knife. You don't want to cut too deep, about 1/2 inch. Using a butter knife , gently remove your piece of cupcake.
- Fill it with about a teaspoon of apple pie filling.
- Place the piece of cupcake back on top, then, frost.
- Make Frosting: Beat butter and shortening until creamy. Add in vanilla and ground cinnamon. Mix to combine. Gradually, add in powdered sugar and milk. Beat until creamy and desired consistency is reached.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate