Crispy Rice Oatmeal Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies- Soft cookies loaded with all kinds of good stuff…crispy rice cereal, oatmeal, butterscotch, chocolate and coarse sea salt!
Occasionally, at night when I can’t sleep, I watch YouTube. I don’t like to admit it, but, it’s true. Yes, after telling my children for years ” get off that before you go to bed!”, I do the exact same thing.
Guys, I’m not proud of my new habit, but, it did help me find this cookie recipe. 😉
- Salt + Baking Soda + Baking Powder
- Brown sugar
- Crispy rice cereal
- Old fashion oats
- Chocolate chips
- Butterscotch baking chips
- Coarse sea salt
Crispy Rice Cereal: AKA Rice Krispies or brand equivalent
Brown Sugar: If desired, coconut palm sugar can be used as a replacement.
Coarse Sea Salt: Optional, but, does add a whole bunch of deliciousness to these.
A small note: Don’t forget to refrigerate your dough for at least 30 minutes before baking. If desired, you can refrigerate longer, even overnight, if desired.
Old Fashion Oats in Your Pantry? Try These Too:
- Cinnamon Oat Muffins
- Banana Oat Bread
- Florentine Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread
- Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup ( 1 and 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch baking chips
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- coarse sea salt, optional, for topping
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Then, add in egg and vanilla. Beat to combine.
- Gradually add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in cereal, both baking chips and oats.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- While dough is refrigerating, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment or silicone mats.
- When ready, scoop approx 1 TBSP of dough, roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet. If desire, sprinkle tops with coarse sea salt.
- Bake 10 minutes or until brown. Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing. Then, remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- adapted from Tasty
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate