Chubby Hubby Rice Crispy Treats- – Soft, gooey bars made with crispy rice cereal, chocolate covered pretzels and peanut butter…the same combo as the classic ice cream!
A few months ago, we moved halfway across the country to Vermont. I went from being a Midwestern girl to a New Englander. 😲
While I do miss getting a good taco from a local place in our former neighborhood, Vermont does have amazing cheese, chocolate and of course, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.
Today’s recipe is based on a classic Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavor: Chubby Hubby
Chubby Hubby Ice Cream is vanilla ice cream, with chocolate covered pretzel chunks, plus, chocolate and peanut butter swirls. It’s yummy.
Our Crispy Rice Treats Ingredients:
- Crispy rice cereal ( ex: Rice Krispies or brand equivalent)
- Peanut butter
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Chocolate chips + Canola or Vegetable oil
A few recipe notes:
- Be sure to line your baking pan with foil, then, spray the foil with non stick cooking spray. This makes your life so much easier when it comes to getting the bars out of the pan, cutting them and clean up.
- If you don’t have a 9 x 9 pan, a 9 x 13 will work. However, your topping ingredients ( chocolate chips & pretzels) will need to be increased.
- The key to a soft crispy rice treat? Melt your marshmallow slowly and over low heat. Makes a big difference!
- Don’t forget to freeze your chocolate covered pretzels! Pretzels at room temperature will melt much quicker when the melted chocolate chips are spread on top.
- If you are melting your chocolate chips in the microwave, do this in 30 second intervals to avoid burning the chocolate.
linking up and weekend potluck
Chubby Hubby Rice Crispy Treats
Chubby Hubby Rice Crispy Treats- - Soft, gooey bars made with crispy rice cereal, chocolate covered pretzels and peanut butter...the same combo as the classic ice cream!
- 4 TBSP butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate covered pretzels. frozen
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp canola or vegetable oil
- Line a 9 x 9 baking pan with foil. Then, spray foil with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter with peanut butter. Reduce heat to low and stir in marshmallows. Stirring frequently, melt the marshmallows slowly. Once everything is melted completely, stir in vanilla.
- Add in crispy rice cereal and mix until it it's fully coated. Press the mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- In a single layer, press frozen chocolate covered pretzels flat in to the top of the soft bars. Place bars in fridge or freezer while you are melting chocolate chips.
- In a saucepan over medium heat or in a microwave, melt chocolate chips with oil until smooth. Spread melted chocolate on top of pretzels. Refrigerate bars for about an hour to set before serving. Keep leftovers in refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 245mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Life Diet Health
Friday 4th of September 2020
Erin I had a little giggle - we don't have 'chubby hubby' here and I had no idea it was an ice-cream flavour! I love these bars though and I might make a batch for school pack up next week. Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday.
Sunday 6th of September 2020
Ha! Thanks for the party :)