Snickerdoodles- No Refined Sugar- A soft as a pillow cookie with a crunchy cinnamon coating. Plus, no refined sugar anywhere to be found!
Let’s continue on our no refined sugar January journey with classic snickerdoodles!
Honestly, I haven’t done a ton of baking with almond or coconut flour, but, guys, I ♡ these cookies. They are soft with a nice sugary coating. Perfect with a cold glass of milk for your afternoon snack!
The Ingredients List:
- Coconut Flour + Salt + Cream of tartar
- Almond Flour + Baking powder
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut oil
- Ground cinnamon
- Coconut palm sugar
No cream of tartar on hand? That’s OK! It’s optional.
Coconut oil: Melt it first, let it cool for about 5 minutes before adding it to your bowl.
Maple syrup: Real maple syrup is best for these. Let it come to room temperature before using.
Coconut & Almond flour: Check out the links ( right above the recipe card) for the brands I like. However, I do realize that these can be more costly than regular AP flour. Go with what your taste and budget fits best.
Used in this Recipe:
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- dash of cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, syrup and vanilla. Add in flour mixture and mix to combine. In a small bowl, mix together coconut sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Scoop approx 1 TBSP of dough, roll into a ball and coat in cinnamon/sugar. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cookies sit for 5 minutes, then, remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
- adapted from Erin Lives Whole
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate