Snickerdoodles- No Refined Sugar- A soft as a pillow cookie with a crunchy cinnamon coating. Plus, no refined sugar anywhere to be found!
Let’s continue on our no refined sugar January journey with classic snickerdoodles!
Honestly, I haven’t done a ton of baking with almond or coconut flour, but, guys, I ♡ these cookies. They are soft with a nice sugary coating. Perfect with a cold glass of milk for your afternoon snack!
The Ingredients List:
- Coconut Flour + Salt + Cream of tartar
- Almond Flour + Baking powder
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut oil
- Ground cinnamon
- Coconut palm sugar
No cream of tartar on hand? That’s OK! It’s optional.
Coconut oil: Melt it first, let it cool for about 5 minutes before adding it to your bowl.
Maple syrup: Real maple syrup is best for these. Let it come to room temperature before using.
Coconut & Almond flour: Check out the links ( right above the recipe card) for the brands I like. However, I do realize that these can be more costly than regular AP flour. Go with what your taste and budget fits best.
Used in this Recipe:
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- dash of cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, syrup and vanilla. Add in flour mixture and mix to combine. In a small bowl, mix together coconut sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Scoop approx 1 TBSP of dough, roll into a ball and coat in cinnamon/sugar. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cookies sit for 5 minutes, then, remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
- adapted from Erin Lives Whole
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate