The $250 Cookie Recipe- Soft cookies loaded with two kinds of chocolate, walnuts and oats. The classic Nieman Marcus recipe!
Love Chocolate Chips? Explore these 10 Ways to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies!
$250?! What’s the Story?
Many years ago, a woman dining at a Neiman Marcus asked how much the recipe for her cookie would cost. She was told $250. When she received her credit card bill, she was quite surprised they actually charged her for it.
After failing to get it removed from her account, she decided to share it with everyone for free. Is this a true story or just an urban legend? Read more and judge for yourself.
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Flour + Salt
- Baking powder + Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Milk chocolate bar
Make sure it’s softened! Need to soften it quickly? See a few tips.
I used quick cooking oats. You can use old fashion oats, however, you will need to grind them up in a food processor beforehand.
I used a standard Hershey Bar and grated it with a cheese grater. You can use baking squares as an alternative. Just be sure it’s milk chocolate.
- Keep any leftovers in a covered container. You don’t need to refrigerate, unless the weather is very hot/humid in your area.
Can I Freeze These?
- Yes. Let the cookies cool completely. Then, store in a freezer safe, covered container/storage bag. They will be good for a couple of months.
Try These Cookies Too!
- Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Crispy Rice Oatmeal Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- dash of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- splash of vanilla
- 6 oz dark chocolate chips
- 2 oz chocolate bar, grated
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a bowl, whisk together oats, flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl. beat butter and both sugars until creamy. Add in egg and vanilla, then, beat to fully combine. Gradually add in flour mixture and beat to combine. Stir in chocolate chips, walnuts and grated chocolate bar.
- Drop dough by the tablespoons on to prepared baking sheet. Leaving about 2 inches in between them.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing. Then, cool completely on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Quarter Sheet, 2-Pack
Cuisinart Precision Master 5.5qt Stand Mixer - Silver Lining - SM-50BC
Checkered Chef Cooling Racks for Baking - Baking Rack Twin Set. Stainless Steel Oven and Dishwasher Safe Wire Cooling Rack. Fits Half Sheet Cookie Pan- set of 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate