Coconut Quick Bread – -Soft bread packed full of flaky coconut. If you like, top this bread off with a dreamy dark chocolate for a more decadent treat.
Grab a bag of coconut…we’re making some quick bread today!
A short supply list: 9 inch loaf pan + your favorite way to grease it. You will also need two mixing bowls, a whisk and a silicone/rubber spatula. Of course, you will also need measuring cups & spoons.
- Flour + Salt+ Baking powder
- Eggs + Vanilla
- Butter (melted)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
No need to pull out your big electric mixer for this one! Two mixing bowls (with whisk & silicone spatula) will work just fine. Just be sure you don’t over mix your batter. Simply mix until it’s fully combined. Over mixing the batter may give you a dense loaf of quick bread.
The dark chocolate glaze is optional. This quick bread is delicious with or without it.
If you do wish to include the glaze, simply melt dark (or regular) chocolate chips until smooth. Then, drizzle on top of the cooled bread. You can melt them in a saucepan over medium heat or in the microwave. For the microwave version…make sure your bowl is microwave safe and melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals, to prevent burning.
A few other glaze options:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- for glaze (optional) 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla. Add in melted butter and coconut and whisk until fully combined.
- Add in flour mixture and mix batter just until combined. Don't over mix.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- If desired, melt chocolate chips until smooth and drizzle on cooled bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 4gSugar: 29gProtein: 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate