Double Dark Chocolate Cookies- -Soft dark chocolate cookies packed with dark chocolate chips and rolled in sparkly sugar! Grab a cold glass of milk with these…they are a chocolate lovers dream!
- Flour + Salt + Baking powder
- Unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Dark chocolate chips
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
I like Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder, however, use your preferred brand. While I do highly recommend the dark cocoa powder for a richer chocolate taste, you can use regular unsweetened cocoa powder, if desired.
Dark Chocolate Chips
Nestle makes dark chocolate chips that can be usually found in the same section as your regular baking chips. If you can’t locate them, Amazon does have them. Like the cocoa powder, I do recommend using the dark chocolate chips, but, semi sweet or milk chocolate can be used. Also, if desired, you can chop up a dark chocolate baking bar instead of using the baking chips.
If desired, you can substitute regular brown sugar with coconut palm sugar.
How to Make
- First, whisk together your dry ingredients. Set aside. Then, in saucepan, melt a portion of the chocolate chips with the butter. Once it’s fully melted, set it aside and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla. Then, add in the melted chocolate mixture, then, dry ingredients. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Important: Your dough will be on the softer side. Therefore, be sure to refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes before heading to the next step. You can keep it in the refrigerator longer or even overnight, if desired.
- When you are ready, scoop about a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Coat the ball in a bit of sugar, then, place it on your baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Once baked, let them sit on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing. Then, remove from sheet and cool completely on a wire rack.
Store an leftovers in a covered container.
Yes, you can freeze these cookies. Store in a covered container or storage bag that is freezer safe. They will stay good for a couple of months.
For Chocolate Lovers
- Three Ingredient Chocolate Dip
- No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Cake
- Dairy Free Chocolate Cake
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
linking up and weekend potluck
Double Dark Chocolate Cookies
Soft dark chocolate cookies packed with dark chocolate chips and rolled in sparkly sugar! Grab a cold glass of milk with these…they are a chocolate lovers dream!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips, will be divided
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup white sugar, for coating
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 cup of chocolate chips with butter. Continue mixture is full melted. Remove from heat and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with both sugars. Add in vanilla and melted chocolate mixture. Beat until fully combined. Add in flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- While refrigerating, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a small bowl, pour the 1/2 cup of white sugar for coating.
- Scoop approx 1 TBSP of dough, roll into a ball and coat in sugar. Place on cookie sheet and press down lightly. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies sit for 5 minutes, then, remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Quarter Sheet, 2-Pack
Checkered Chef Cooling Racks for Baking - Baking Rack Twin Set. Stainless Steel Oven and Dishwasher Safe Wire Cooling Rack. Fits Half Sheet Cookie Pan- set of 2
YORLFE Silicone Baking Mat Set, 2 Pack Non-Stick Silicon Liner for Bake Pans
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Leave a comment