Chocolate Caramel Pecan Chex Bars- Marshmallow cereal bars with a caramel mid section and topped with smooth chocolate and crunchy pecans. Totally delicious and no need to turn on your oven!
I just realized that my last few recipes have been of the “bar” variety.
That’s not a big deal, is it? The end of the school year was just a few weeks ago around here. With that, I made a few desserts for my husband and children to take to school for end of the school year treats.
But, you know, these kinds of desserts are perfect for this time of year. Easy, delicious and no baking required!
- Mini marshmallows
- Rice or Corn Chex cereal
- Caramel bits
- Chocolate chips
A Few Questions Answered:
- Do I Have to Use “Chex” brand cereal? No. Feel free to use a brand equivalent. Just stick with corn or rice variety.
- Do I Have to Use Pecans? No. You can substitute with your favorite chopped nut(s) or omit them altogether.
- Where do I find caramel bits? These can be found in the same section as the chocolate chips in your grocery store. If they don’t stock them, see the recipe card for a link to purchase.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows under low heat and don’t rush it! This will help give your bars a softer texture. Melting it too fast may give you a rock hard cereal bar.
- Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Tip: Spraying a sharp knife with non stick cooking spray before cutting will make the process much easier.
Try These Too:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10.5 oz package, mini marshmallows
- 7 cups crispy corn or rice cereal
- 2- 10.5 oz packages caramel bites
- 2 TBSP milk
- 10 oz chocolate chips
- approx 1- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with foil. Then, spray the foil with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, over low heat, melt butter and marshmallows until smooth, Remove from heat and gradually, add in cereal. Continue all the cereal is mixed in and it's fully coated.
- Press the cereal mixture evenly pan. Refrigerate while you are melting the caramel.into the prepared
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the caramel bits with milk. Continue until it's fully melted and smooth.
- Spread the melted caramel evenly on top of the cereal base. Refrigerate it for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat or in a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips until smooth. Spread on top of the melted caramel base. Sprinkle the chocolate ( before it sets!) with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Keep any leftovers . in the refrigerator
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 4gSugar: 48gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate