Snickerdoodle Cupcakes- – – Soft cinnamon cupcakes topped with a creamy cinnamon buttercream frosting and crunchy cinnamon-sugar mixture. AKA: The classic snickerdoodle cookie taste combination 😉
I have to apologize for these photos. The sun has not been showing it’s shining face in my neighborhood for the last 3 days. Therefore, these aren’t has bright as I would like them. When my natural light is limited, things don’t always work out...photographically. (is that a word?)
BUT…these cupcakes are amazing, so, no worries there. 👍
Soft cinnamon cupcakes topped with a fluffy cinnamon buttercream frosting. These are then topped with a delightful cinnamon sugar mixture. If you like snickerdoodle cookies, these will fit your bill perfectly!
Here is your ingredients list:
- Baking powder + salt +ground cinnamon
- Butter flavored shortening
- Egg whites
Additional ingredients for frosting: Powdered sugar and butter.
Want to replace the butter flavored shortening with butter or oil? See this link for conversions.
Why do your cupcakes have divots in them? I used parchment paper to line my pan. The divots are from the paper. If you use regular liners, yours will look a little less “divoted”.
To Make Cinnamon Sugar Mixture for topping: Mix 1/4 cup of sugar with 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
Love Cinnamon Sugar? Check out These Recipes ↷
- Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
- Cinnamon Sugar Popovers
- Semi Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Doughnuts
- Mini Cinnamon Sugar Applesauce Muffins
- 1 cup + 6 TBSP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 6 TBSP butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 TBSP butter flavored shortening
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Cinnamon sugar mixture, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 count muffin pan or line with parchment or cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat shortening, then, add in sugar and vanilla. Add in egg whites, on at a time. Beating well after each addition. Add in milk and flour mixture, alternating between the two. Beat just until fully combined.
- Divide batter evenly into pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and shortening until fluffy. Then, add in ground cinnamon and vanilla. Gradually, add in powdered sugar and beat until fully combined and fluffy.
- Frosting on cooled cupcakes, then, top with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- for cinnamon sugar mixture: Mix 1/4 cup sugar with 1 TBSP ground cinnamon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 2gSugar: 56gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate