Apple Pie Pastry Cups- Sweet apple pie filling piled into a flaky puff pastry cup. Top them off with a smooth powdered sugar glaze for the finishing touch!
Happy Fall Friends! That means= apple season 🍎 = ❤️
Let’s celebrate with these nifty little pastry cups!
- Puff pastry shells
- Ground cinnamon + Cornstarch
- Powdered sugar + Milk
What Kind of Apples Should I Use?
- A firm and tart apple works best for a pie filling. Granny smith, jazz, pink lady golden delicious & jonagold will all work well.
Where Do I Find Puff Pastry Shells?
- These can traditionally be found in the frozen dessert section of your grocery store. Ours is near the whipped topping and frozen fruit. I used Pepperidge Farms puff pastry cups. See their website for a store locator.
- Be sure to store any leftovers in the refrigerator. They are best eaten within 2-3 days of making.
- The apple filling is very hot once it’s fully cooked! Please be careful when handling.
- This filling can be used as a traditional apple pie filling. So, if you don’t want to make the cups, it will work for a 9 inch pie.
- If you don’t wish to use the powdered sugar glaze, Ice Cream or whipped topping/cream are both great options.
- 6 count package of frozen puff pastry shells
- 4 medium size apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 TBSP water + 2 TBSP water
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 TBSP + 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp milk
- Bake pastry cups according to package instructions. Set them aside and let them cool.
- Make filling: In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter with ground cinnamon. Stir in chopped apples, sugar and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Continue over medium heat until apples begin to soften. About 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir it into the saucepan and continue cooking has thickened.until the mixture. Let it bubble for a minute, then, remove from heat.
- The apples will be hot, so, let them cool for about 10-15 minutes. Then, spoon them into the baked shells.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle on top of apples.
- Store any leftovers in refrigerator.
- filling adapted from spend with pennies
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 4gSugar: 42gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate