Apple Pie Pastry Cups- Sweet apple pie filling piled into a flaky puff pastry cup. Top them off with a smooth powdered sugar glaze for the finishing touch!
Happy Fall Friends! That means= apple season 🍎 = ❤️
Let’s celebrate with these nifty little pastry cups!
- Puff pastry shells
- Ground cinnamon + Cornstarch
- Powdered sugar + Milk
What Kind of Apples Should I Use?
- A firm and tart apple works best for a pie filling. Granny smith, jazz, pink lady golden delicious & jonagold will all work well.
Where Do I Find Puff Pastry Shells?
- These can traditionally be found in the frozen dessert section of your grocery store. Ours is near the whipped topping and frozen fruit. I used Pepperidge Farms puff pastry cups. See their website for a store locator.
- Be sure to store any leftovers in the refrigerator. They are best eaten within 2-3 days of making.
- The apple filling is very hot once it’s fully cooked! Please be careful when handling.
- This filling can be used as a traditional apple pie filling. So, if you don’t want to make the cups, it will work for a 9 inch pie.
- If you don’t wish to use the powdered sugar glaze, Ice Cream or whipped topping/cream are both great options.
- 6 count package of frozen puff pastry shells
- 4 medium size apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 TBSP water + 2 TBSP water
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 TBSP + 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp milk
- Bake pastry cups according to package instructions. Set them aside and let them cool.
- Make filling: In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter with ground cinnamon. Stir in chopped apples, sugar and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Continue over medium heat until apples begin to soften. About 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir it into the saucepan and continue cooking has thickened.until the mixture. Let it bubble for a minute, then, remove from heat.
- The apples will be hot, so, let them cool for about 10-15 minutes. Then, spoon them into the baked shells.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle on top of apples.
- Store any leftovers in refrigerator.
- filling adapted from spend with pennies
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 4gSugar: 42gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate