Red Velvet Thumbprint Cookies- -Soft red velvet cookies topped with a chocolate candy heart and drizzled with white chocolate. Just about perfect for Valentine’s Day. ❤️
Let’s bake thumbprint cookies today!
- Flat rimmed baking sheet + parchment paper or silicone mats
- Medium size bowl + whisk
- Electric mixer + mixing bowl
- Microwave safe bowl or double boiler set up to melt chocolate
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Flour + Salt
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Egg + Vanilla
- Red gel food coloring
- Chocolate candy hearts
- White chocolate chips
I used Dove dark chocolate hearts for our cookies (see recipe card), but, use your favorite. You could also use Hershey Kisses.
- Be sure your butter is good and softened ! This will give your cookies a soft texture. Need to soften it quickly? Check out these tips.
- I prefer to use red food coloring gel instead of the liquid version. It gives the cookies a more vibrant color. See the recipe card for the brand I used.
- The cookie dough will be a bit soft after it’s fully mixed. If you wish, stick it in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. This will make the dough a bit easier to work with. It’s not required, but, could give you a little assistance, if needed.
More Velvet Desserts To Try
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4-5 drops red food coloring
- 24- chocolate candy hearts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in in egg, vanilla and red food coloring. Beat until combined. Gradually, add in flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Scoop dough and roll into about a 1 inch ball. Place on baking sheet. Gently press your thumb in the middle of the cookie to form a small well.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool for just a minute of two. Then, gently press a chocolate candy into the well. Let cookies cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl or on stove top, melt white chocolate chips until smooth. Drizzle on cooled cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate