Red Velvet Thumbprint Cookies- -Soft red velvet cookies topped with a chocolate candy heart and drizzled with white chocolate. Just about perfect for Valentine’s Day. ❤️
Explore More Valentine’s Day Dessert Ideas
Let’s bake thumbprint cookies today!
- Flat rimmed baking sheet + parchment paper or silicone mats
- Medium size bowl + whisk
- Electric mixer + mixing bowl
- Microwave safe bowl or double boiler set up to melt chocolate
- Measuring cups/spoons
Pin it for Later!
- Flour + Salt
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Egg + Vanilla
- Red gel food coloring
- Chocolate candy hearts
- White chocolate chips
I used Dove dark chocolate hearts for our cookies (see recipe card), but, use your favorite. You could also use Hershey Kisses.
- Be sure your butter is good and softened ! This will give your cookies a soft texture. Need to soften it quickly? Check out these tips.
- I prefer to use red food coloring gel instead of the liquid version. It gives the cookies a more vibrant color. See the recipe card for the brand I used.
- The cookie dough will be a bit soft after it’s fully mixed. If you wish, stick it in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. This will make the dough a bit easier to work with. It’s not required, but, could give you a little assistance, if needed.
More Velvet Desserts To Try
linking up and weekend potluck
Red Velvet Thumbprint Cookies
Red Velvet Thumbprint Cookies- -Soft red velvet cookies topped with a chocolate candy heart and drizzled with white chocolate. Just about perfect for Valentine's Day!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4-5 drops red food coloring
- 24- chocolate candy hearts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in in egg, vanilla and red food coloring. Beat until combined. Gradually, add in flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Scoop dough and roll into about a 1 inch ball. Place on baking sheet. Gently press your thumb in the middle of the cookie to form a small well.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool for just a minute of two. Then, gently press a chocolate candy into the well. Let cookies cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl or on stove top, melt white chocolate chips until smooth. Drizzle on cooled cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Tuesday 14th of February 2023
Your post is awesome and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday, 627. Happy Valentine Day and come back to see us soon! Miz Helen
Erin/Big Green House
Wednesday 15th of February 2023
Thank you Miz Helen!
Friday 14th of February 2020
Those thumbprint cookies look amazingly YUMMY!!
Saturday 15th of February 2020