Ice Water Cupcakes- Soft white cupcakes made with egg whites and ice water. Versatile, delicious and low in fat!
Pin it for Later:
- Flour + Salt + Baking powder
- Egg whites
- Ice water
What About Frosting? Your choice! These cupcakes are a basic white variety and can be frosting with just about any type of frosting. At the bottom of this post, you can find a list of frosting suggestions or you can browse the frosting section of the recipe index for more ideas. Our cupcakes are frosted with a basic vanilla buttercream dyed green and red. I then used the tye dye decorating method.
How to Make:
- First, whisk together your dry ingredients and set aside.
- Next, with an electric mixer with whisk attachment, whisk egg whites until foamy. Increase speed slightly and continue until stiff peaks form. Set those aside.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat softened butter with sugar. Then, gradually add in dry ingredients and ice water. Alternating between the two .
- Finally, fold the beaten egg whites into the batter. Be sure to fold, not mix.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake!
- Be sure to let them cool completely before frosting.
Frosting for Your Cupcakes:
- Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting with Marshmallows
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Frosting
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Cinnamon Honey Buttercream Frosting
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- dash of vanilla
- 3/4 cup ice water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 count muffin/cupcake pan or line with liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer with whisk attachment, whisk egg whites until foamy. Increase speed slightly and continue until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Gradually, add in flour mixture and ice water. Alternating between the two. Beat to combine. Fold in whipped egg whites.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate