Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls – Easy to make heart shaped cinnamon rolls filled with a bit of chocolate. They are a great treat for your Valentine or yourself 😉
- Refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- Chocolate chips
Cinnamon Roll Dough
I used Pillsbury Flaky Cinnamon Rolls for these. However, any brand will work. The most important thing to keep in mind is to be sure the dough will unroll. Don’t get a stand alone version.
Can I Omit the Chocolate Chips?
Of course! If desired, you can make these simply plain or add your favorite baking chip as a replacement.
How to Make
- First, remove each roll from the package and unwind it. It should be a long piece of dough laying flat.
- Then, line the edges with a few chocolate chips. Don’t line the whole roll.
- Roll the dough inward and create two equal size coils in the middle. Gently pull down the middle strip and pinch to a point.
- Tada! You have made a ♡
- Repeat with the remaining rolls and bake.
- Let the rolls cool for about 10-15 minutes, then, top with the icing from the package.
- If you are adding sprinkles, do this before the icing sets.
Keep any leftover rolls in a covered container in the refrigerator. They are best eaten with 2 days.
- 1- package refrigerated cinnamon rolls ( ex: Pillsbury flaky version- 8 ct)
- approx 1/4-1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Remove each roll from the package and unwind it. It should be a long piece of dough laying flat. Line the edges with a few chocolate chips. Roll the dough inward and create two equal size coils in the middle. Gently pull down the middle strip and pinch to a point.
- Continue with remaining rolls.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until brown. Let the rolls cool for 10-15 minutes, then, top with icing from the package. Top with sprinkles before the icing sets.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate