Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls – Easy to make heart shaped cinnamon rolls filled with a bit of chocolate. They are a great treat for your Valentine or yourself 😉
- Refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- Chocolate chips
Cinnamon Roll Dough
I used Pillsbury Flaky Cinnamon Rolls for these. However, any brand will work. The most important thing to keep in mind is to be sure the dough will unroll. Don’t get a stand alone version.
Can I Omit the Chocolate Chips?
Of course! If desired, you can make these simply plain or add your favorite baking chip as a replacement.
How to Make
- First, remove each roll from the package and unwind it. It should be a long piece of dough laying flat.
- Then, line the edges with a few chocolate chips. Don’t line the whole roll.
- Roll the dough inward and create two equal size coils in the middle. Gently pull down the middle strip and pinch to a point.
- Tada! You have made a ♡
- Repeat with the remaining rolls and bake.
- Let the rolls cool for about 10-15 minutes, then, top with the icing from the package.
- If you are adding sprinkles, do this before the icing sets.
Keep any leftover rolls in a covered container in the refrigerator. They are best eaten with 2 days.
- 1- package refrigerated cinnamon rolls ( ex: Pillsbury flaky version- 8 ct)
- approx 1/4-1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Remove each roll from the package and unwind it. It should be a long piece of dough laying flat. Line the edges with a few chocolate chips. Roll the dough inward and create two equal size coils in the middle. Gently pull down the middle strip and pinch to a point.
- Continue with remaining rolls.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until brown. Let the rolls cool for 10-15 minutes, then, top with icing from the package. Top with sprinkles before the icing sets.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate