Thin Mint Crackers- Crispy, buttery crackers coated with smooth chocolate and mint! They taste just like the classic cookie.
My first trip to our local Vermont grocery store brought a pleasant surprise….Girl Scout cookies! To help out the local troops, the store was selling the classic cookies ( in a wide variety of flavors) right on the shelves of their store.
Not only was it helping the troops out, it was great for my family….cause, you know, we love them 😉
While waiting for them to come back, right now, I can make these Thin Mint Crackers at home. They are quick, easy and honestly, do taste just like classic thin mint cookies from the scouts. #NotKidding
- Round buttery crackers
- Mint extract
Crackers: At first, I tried a chocolate cookie wafer. While they tasted really good, they are a pretty thin wafer and a more than a few cracked when coated in chocolate. So, I switched to a classic round buttery cracker or “Ritz” crackers and they worked much better.
Chocolate: Depending on your taste preference, semi sweet, dark chocolate or regular chocolate will all work. You can also do a combination of any of them. Just be sure to stick with about 2 cups.
Mint Extract: I used about 1/2 teaspoon. However, feel free to increase/decrease based on your love for mint.
How to Make:
- First, create double boil for your stove top. Add chocolate into the top bowl and melt until smooth. Keep whisking it, to prevent burning. Once melted, stir in mint extract.
- Dip each cracker into melted chocolate. With two forks, coat it well, then, tap fork on the edge of the bowl to shake off excess.
- Place coated cracker on a parchment line baking sheet. Let them sit for about an hour ( at room temp) to let them set. If you wish to speed up the process, place them in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Store leftovers in a covered container.
Last Note: I did top a few with crushed Oreo cookies crumbs for a little twist. Feel free to add any desired topping/sprinkles, if you wish.
linking up and weekend potluck
Thin Mint Crackers
Thin Mint Crackers- Crispy, buttery crackers coated with smooth chocolate and mint! They taste just like the classic cookie!
- 24 buttery round crackers ( ex: Ritz crackers)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- Line a large flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, bring a pot of water to boil, place a heat-proof bowl on top, to create a double boiler.
- Add chocolate chips into bowl and whisk until melted and smooth. Stir in mint extract.
- Dip each cracker into chocolate. With two forks, coat completely with chocolate, then, place on parchment paper. Repeat with remaining crackers
- Let crackers sit at room temperature to set ( about an hour) or place in refrigerator or freezer to speed up setting process.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Love these. Anything with mint chocolate has my attention… And Super easy too xx