Dulce de Leche Tart- Soft and creamy dulce de leche fills this decadent tart. You can go full homemade with this or take a few shortcuts. Your choice! Whichever you chose, it’s delicious and simple to make.
Looking for a really easy, really delicious and really decadent dessert? Today, you can come to the right place, because, this tarts fits the bill perfectly.
Main Ingredients List:
- Dulce de leche
- 9 inch tart shell or pie crust
- Coarse sea salt
That’s it?! Yes. Well, sorta. You do have a few options with this recipe.
Dulce de leche: You can purchase a can of already made dulce de leche in your grocery store. Maybe. I’ve lived in my new area for almost a year and yet to find a store that sells it. Of course, I live in the middle of nowhere. Anywhoo, you can make it homemade and all you need is a can of sweetened condensed milk, which is much easier to find. Making it homemade can take several hours, but, very little hands on time.
Your Options for Homemade Dulce de Leche:
- Crock Pot/Slow Cooker: This recipe does takes all day, but, you can pretty much leave it on it’s own.
- Stove Top/Oven/Instant Pot: These options takes a bit less time, but, does require you to be home and keep a close eye on things.
Crust: Again, you have options! Whichever you chose, your crust will have to be baked and cooled before adding the filling.
The Options for Crust:
- Frozen pie crust or tart shell: These will both work for this one. However, be sure not to get a deep dish pie crust, just a standard.
- Refrigerated pie crust: Unroll it and bake. What could be easier? This can be used in a tart pan too!
- Homemade tart shell or pie crust: I like this recipe, it requires two ingredients and is easy to work with. If you have a favorite tart shell recipe, go for it!,
Can this be made in a pie plate? Yes. If you don’t have a tart pan, you can use a 9 inch pie plate instead. Looking for a tart pan? See the recipe card for the one I have/like.
More: Dulce de Leche Recipes to Try:
- Dulce de Leche Buttermilk Cheesecake
- No Churn Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
- White Chocolate Dulce de Leche Fudge
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Thumbprint Cookies
- 1- 9 inch tart crust or pie crust- baked and cooled
- 14 oz dulce de leche
- coarse sea salt
- Prepare tart crust or pie crust as directed by recipe/package. Let it cool completely.
- Spoon dulce de leche into a microwave safe bowl or a medium size saucepan. If using microwave, heat it for just 20-30 seconds, then, remove and give it a stir. If using a saucepan, warm under medium heat for about a minute, then, remove and stir. This makes your dulce de leche much easier to spread.
- Spread warmed dulce de leche evenly into cooled crust. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Keep any leftovers in refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate