Glazed Lemon Muffins- Soft muffins bursting with lemon! Perfect for breakfast or dessert.
Here in northern Vermont, we woke up to a few inches of snow and blowing winds this morning. However, the next two days are supposed to be nearly 60 degrees.
You know what that means? Spring is just around the corner! Melting snow, warmer weather and of course, recipes using berries, no bake sweets and of course, my personal favorite, lemon. 🍋 💛
Ingredients Needed for Lemon Glazed Muffins:
- Flour + Salt + Baking soda
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Butter: Softened
- Powdered sugar
Lemons: You will need two. Juice and zest for both the muffins and glaze. You can also use regular bottled lemon juice or lemon extract for them. I would start with about half a teaspoon and increase, depending on how lemony you like things.
Plain Greek Yogurt: None on hand? Sour cream can be used as a replacement.
A few recipe notes:
- Yes, I sound like a broken record, but, do not over mix your muffin dough. You simply don’t want any dry spots left in your dough. It doesn’t have to be smooth, a few lumps are OK. The more you mix it, the more dense your muffins could be.
- This recipe makes just 6 muffins, not the standard 12. However, you can easily double the ingredients to make a whole dozen.
- If desired, you can omit the glaze, these are still delicious muffins without it.
- Freezing? These muffins can be frozen for future eating. However, I would recommend freezing them without the glaze. When you are ready, let them defrost, then, glaze before serving.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- juice from one lemon
- zest for 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- FOR GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- juice from a lemon + zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 6 count muffin pan or line with muffin liners.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add in egg, lemon juice, zest, yogurt and vanilla. Beat to combined.
- Add in flour, salt and baking soda. Mix until just combined and there are no dry spots left in the batter.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Then, cool for about 30 minutes before adding glaze.
- Whisk glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle on cooled/warm muffins.
- Keep leftover muffins in a sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 2gSugar: 45gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate