Banana Pecan Muffins! Soft muffins packed full of fresh bananas and crunchy pecans.
Bananas & Pecans= A perfect muffin combo ♡
What Supplies Do I Need?
- 12 count muffin pan + muffin liners
- Electric mixer + mixing bowl
- Additional mixing bowl + whisk
- Potato masher (for bananas)
- Rubber/silicone spatula
- Measuring cups + spoons
Your Ingredients: Flour, salt, baking soda and ground cinnamon. You will also need melted butter, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. OF course, don’t forget the bananas and pecans. Because, you know, they are banana and pecan muffins. ツ
A few recipe notes:
- You start this recipe by beating your wet ingredients with an electric mixer. But, you will gently fold the dry ingredients into the batter with a rubber/silicone spatula. Do not beat at this stage! This will help keep the batter light and your muffins fluffy.
- Be sure not to over mix your dry ingredients. You will only fold until the flour is no longer visible. Lumps are OK.
- I tried out parchment muffin liners for this recipe. They are bit more in price than regular muffin liners, but, I loved them! You can find the product I used in the recipe card.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3-4 medium size bananas, ripened and mashed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 count muffin pan or line with liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and ground cinnamon Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat mashed bananas, melted butter and brown sugar. Then, add in eggs and vanilla. Beat until completely mixed.
- Fold flour mixture into bowl using a silicone/rubber spatula. DO NOT USE MIXER!. Fold gently until flour is no longer visible.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking pan and top with remaining chopped pecans,
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate