Popovers with Honey Cinnamon Spread- Classic, light as air popovers served with a creamy honey cinnamon spread.
Popovers! Great for breakfast, brunch, dessert or a snack.
Wait…what’s a Popover? A popover is a baked roll made with a simple egg batter and very little sugar. They are very light and airy, plus, can be enjoyed plain or with your favorite spread/jelly.
Ingredients Needed for Popovers:
Do I need a popover pan? No. A 12 count muffin pan will do the job. However, if you use a popover pan, your popovers will be larger. So, a muffin pan ( like I used) will give you 12 smaller popover, the popover pan will give you 6 larger popovers. 👍
Milk and Eggs: Be sure they are at room temperature before using.
Ingredients Needed for Spread:
- Cream cheese
- Ground cinnamon
Cream cheese: I find that a cream cheese spread works better for this recipe than the standard block of cream cheese. It’s much softer and easily spreadable. However, the block of cream cheese will work just fine, just be sure to let it soften well before mixing.
Side Note about this Spread: It also goes amazing on toast, bagels and English muffins.
A few more notes:
- You don’t need to use an electric mixer for this batter. A good wire whisk works perfectly for it. Also, don’t over mix it..only whisk until batter is moist and ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Your popovers won’t be perfect and uniform looking, like a muffin. That’s OK! They will rise in different patterns and sizes. It’s also OK that some of them deflate a bit once they are removed from the oven.
- Pay attention to the oven temperatures in the recipe. You will start baking at 450 degrees, then, reduce the oven temp to 350 after 20 minutes.
- When baking, don’t open your oven door! This will cause your popovers to deflate.
- 3 eggs, at room temp
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- FOR SPREAD:
- 8 oz cream cheese spread, softened
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a muffin pan or popover pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until foamy. Then, add in vanilla.
- Add in flour, salt and sugar. Whisk until just combined and moist. Don't over mix. Fill the muffin pan or popover pan with batter. Approx 3/4 way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 450 degrees. Then, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 15 minutes or until brown and dry to touch. Don't open oven while popovers are baking!
- Immediately and carefully, remove popovers from pan.
- FOR SPREAD: Mix ingredients until fully blended. Keep leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator. Use within 2 weeks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate