Indulge in the irresistible Salted Honey Pie, a luscious custard infused with golden honey and delicately sprinkled with coarse seal salt. This delectable treat will elevate your holiday dessert table to new heights of sweetness and delight!
- 9 inch pie crust
- White vinegar
- Whipping cream
- Coarse sea salt
📌 Pin it for Later:
- After about 30 minutes of baking, check your crust. If it seems like it’s getting too brown, lightly cover the edges of the pie with foil.
- Once the pie is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for about an hour. Then, top with coarse sea salt.
- Be sure to keep this refrigerated at least 4 hours for it to cool/set. If needed, you can leave it set overnight. You should also keep any leftovers in the refrigerator.
What kind of pie crust Should I Use?
Use your favorite recipe for a flour/butter pie crust. You can also go with a packaged/pre made crust, if you desire. Just be sure it’s an unbaked crust.
Making Pie Crust Cut Outs
- Roll out unbaked pie crust. Then, using your favorite cookie cutter, make desired shapes. Lay shapes in a single layer on a flat rimmed baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of your shapes.
More Pie to Enjoy:
- 9 inch unbaked pie crust, store bought or your favorite homemade recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP cornmeal
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Coarse sea salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out pie crust and press evenly into a 9 inch pie dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugar, cornmeal and salt. Then, add in honey, cream, vinegar and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Add in eggs, whisking well after adding each one. Whisk well, until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the center is puffy and set. Check the pie after baking for about 30 minutes. If the edges are getting too brown, cover them lightly with foil and continue baking.
- Remove pie from oven and let it cool for 1 hour. Then, sprinkle top with coarse sea salt.
- Refrigerate pie for 4-6 hours before serving.
- adapted from une gamine dans la cuisine
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 306mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 1gSugar: 46gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate