Mixed Berry Crumble- -Just in time for berry season! A sweet mixture of berries that’s finished off with a crunchy topping. Serve it warm with dollop of whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or enjoy it plain.
While traditionally, June/July is considered “berry season”, we eat a mixture of berries all year round. Sometime fresh, sometime, frozen. Almost everyone of my kids like them in one form or another. Almost. We do have one holdout. 🙂
This dessert is perfect for all mixed berry lovers, plus, it’s quick and delicious.
What Ingredients are Needed?
- Mixed berries
- Sugar: Both white & brown
Can frozen berries be used in place of fresh? Yes! Also, any berry combination will work with this recipe. If you wish to go with just blueberries or strawberries…go for it!
Can any other substitutions be made? Yes. I have used coconut palm sugar as a replacement for brown sugar. and it worked just fine.
What size dish is used? I used my 9 inch iron skillet. However, an 8 or 9 inch regular baking dish will also work. If you wish to use a skillet, just be sure it’s heat safe.
This is best served warm!
More Mixed Berry Recipes ↓
- 3 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8-9 inch baking dish or oven safe skillet.
- In a bowl, mix together berries, sugar and cornstarch. Spread them evenly into the bottom of the baking dish.
- In another bowl, toss together flour and brown sugar. Then, with a pastry cutter, two knives or food processor, cut in the cold butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of mix berries.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Let the mixture cool 15 minutes before serving.
- adapted from somehing swanky
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate