Dulce De Leche Buttermilk Cheesecake– Creamy cheesecake with the added bonus of buttermilk and dreamy dulce de leche sauce.
If you haven’t had the delight of making a classic homemade cheesecake…you are missing out!
They do require a little extra work, a few extra baking supplies and you do have to wait about 2-3 hours to set.
But….it’s worth it.
Plus, this classic cheesecake has the added deliciousness of dulce de leche and buttermilk. It’s ah-mazing!!
The Full Ingredients List:
- Butter + Graham cracker crumbs ( for crust)
- Cream cheese
- Dulce de leche
How to Make & Bake Your Cheesecake:
- First, the crust: Mix the ingredients and press into the bottom of your springform pan. Then, wrap the pan with a double layer of foil. (see above photo)
- Next, the filling: Be sure your cream cheese is good & soft. Plus, don’t over mix your batter. When done, pour the filling into the crust.
- How to Prepare to Bake: Place your pan in a large pan or dish. I used my big roasting pan. Fill the large pan with hot water until it reaches about halfway up the springform pan. This hot water bath will help keep the cheesecake moist and prevent cracking.
- Once your cheesecake is baked: Remove and let it cool for about 30 minutes. Then, refrigerate it for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
A few recipe notes:
- Don’t have a springform pan? Check out this link for some alternatives.
- If your cheesecake is a bit cracked when it’s done, that’s OK. Take a butter knife and wet it lightly. Then, carefully smooth the edges with it.
- For a clean cut: Take a sharp knife and wet it lightly. Then, cut a slice of your cheesecake….no mess!
- Frosting the edges is optional. You can also garnish with pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts or just add a drizzle of dulce de leche.
- No buttermilk? Simply add a teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice to 1/4 cup of milk and let it sit for 5 minutes before adding it to batter.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 (bricks/blocks)- - 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap the bottom and sides of a 9-10 inch springform pan with foil. Be sure it's secure and wrapped tightly.
- In a bowl, mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until combined. Then, press into the bottom of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy, approx 5 minutes. Then, add in eggs, buttermilk and dulce de leche. Beat just until combined. Spread batter into crust.
- Place the pan in a large pan or dish. I used my big roasting pan. Fill the large pan with hot water until it reaches about halfway up the springform pan.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until set.
- Remove and let cheesecake cool for about 30 minutes. Then, refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours to set before serving.
- To make frosting in picture: Beat 6-8 tablespoons of butter flavored shortening with 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon dulce de leche and 2 tablespoons of milk until creamy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 508Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 407mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 0gSugar: 27gProtein: 9g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate