Darn Good Chocolate Chip Cookies- Soft chocolate chip cookies with a crispy edge and loaded with gooey chocolaty goodness. They are a classic and darn good!
What better way to spend your time at home than baking chocolate chips cookies? Of course, there is eating chocolate chip cookies, but, the baking is pretty enjoyable too.
Whether you are baking or eating these cookies, they are a classic and as noted “darn good”. The original recipe is labeled ” best chocolate chip cookies” and have over 15K positive reviews on Allrecipes. I don’t know if that’s the basis for a good chocolate chip cookies, but, I figured it was good enough for me to try them. 👍
- Flour + Salt
- Baking soda + Hot water
- Sugar: White & Brown
- Butter: Be sure it’s softened
- Chocolate chips
A few recipe notes: When adding flour into the batter, you will be stirring it into the batter, not beating. Just stir until it’s all combined and don’t over mix.
The original recipe calls for chopped walnuts. I omitted them (none in my pantry), but, if you wish to add them, stir in 1/2 cup when adding the chocolate chips.
I also cut the original recipe in half, to save on my ingredients. Feel free to double your recipe for making additional cookies!
A Few More Chocolate Chip Recipes:
- Honey Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Scones
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp hot water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or with silicone mats.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together baking soda and water. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Add in egg, vanilla and baking soda mixture. Beat until combined.
- Stir in flour mixture and chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Scoop a piece of dough and roll into about a 1 inch size ball . Place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, placing balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies sit for 5 minutes, then, remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate