Brown Butter Crinkle Cookies are soft as a pillow with a sweet crunch. Plus, the brown butter gives these cookies a nutty flavor. A great cookie for the holidays or a weeknight dessert!
Add these to your holiday cookie swap this year!
They are ⇢ √ easy √ have a short ingredient list √ are really yummy
Your Short Ingredients List:
- Flour + Baking powder + Salt + Ground cinnamon
- Sugars: ( brown + granulated + powdered)
- Eggs + Vanilla
- Butter ( real butter, not margarine)
Browning the butter for these cookies gives them a subtle nutty flavor. Plus, the powdered sugar coating is just the right amount of sweetness to balance them out.
How to Make Brown Butter Crinkle Cookies:
- First, brown your butter: Use real butter, not margarine. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer. Your butter should get foamy. Continue cooking the butter until it turns brown and has a light nutty flavor. This should take about 5-7 minutes. Keep a close eye on it- – it can burn quickly!
- Once it’s done, remove it from the heat and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Next, make your batter. It will be soft. Once mixed, cover and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour. Feel free to keep it in the fridge longer, even overnight, if needed.
- When your dough is ready, scoop out 1 tablespoon at a time. Then, form the tablespoon of dough into a ball. Roll it in granulated sugar, then, in powdered sugar. The granulated sugar will help the powdered sugar stick better, so, don’t miss this step.
- Bake – Your cookies will spread out and should have a crinkled surface.
Brown Butter Crinkle Cookies- – Soft cookies with a bit of crunch on the edge. YUM.
- 1/2 cup butter (not margarine)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook butter until it is a toasty brown color. Once the butter has a nutty-aroma, remove from heat and let it cool for 8-10 minutes. Then, transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, salt, ground cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Once butter is cooled, stir in vanilla, eggs, and both sugars. Add in flour mixture and mix until dough forms. Cover dough and refrigerate for at least an hour before baking.
- When ready, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Add granulated sugar for coating in one bowl, then, add powdered sugar in a second bowl.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Then, roll ball in granulated sugar, then, powdered sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remainder of dough.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until edges are set. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10-15 minutes, then, remove and cool completely on wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate