Caramel Chocolate and Toffee Sugar Cookie Bars- Ooey, gooey and yummy! Smooth caramel, chocolate chips and toffee are sandwiched between two layers of sugar cookie dough and are a dream in a pan.
I am back to blogging this week! I hope. I planned on taking a few days off, like I do every summer. It started out great and then, I was hit with a really unpleasant summer cold. I’m still sniffling and coughing, but, feeling a whole bunch better than I was yesterday. Fingers crossed that it continues to improve and I can get back to the kitchen. 🤞
Before all the sickness, I was able to make and photograph thes amazing bars. They are a sugar cookie base, topped with caramel sauce, chocolate chips, toffee chips and a find sugar cookie top. Super yum.
- Sugar Cookie Mix + Ingredients called for on package
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce
- Toffee baking bits
Sugar Cookie Mix: I used 17 oz package of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Dry Mix. Any brand will do the trick, but, just be sure of the package size. You want a larger package that is at least 16-18 oz in size.
Caramel Sauce: Store bought or homemade will both work. Don’t forget to add the flour to you caramel! This will thicken it up a bit, giving your bars a little more stability.
How to Make:
- First, line your baking pan with parchment paper or foil. If you are using foil, spray it lightly with non stick cooking spray.
- Next, prepare your sugar cookie dough, as instructed on package.
- Take half of the prepared dough and spread it in the prepared pan. Bake for just 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread on the caramel sauce ( make sure it was mixed with flour first!).
- Then, sprinkle the caramel with chocolate chips and toffee baking bits.
- Top it off with the remaining sugar cookie dough. This does not have to be perfectly straight or blemish free.
- A quick way to handle it: With a rolling pin, roll out the remaining dough on a floured surface. Then, place on top.
- Once in place, place back in the oven and finish baking.
- Once finished, let the bars cool about 30 minutes before serving.
Caramel Lover? Try these too:
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars
- Easy Salted Caramels
- Chocolate Caramel Tart
- Banana Walnut Caramel Pie
- 17 oz package, sugar cookie mix + ingredients called for on package
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toffee baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment or foil. If lining with foil, spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Prepare sugar cookie dough as directed on package. Spread 1/2 of the dough into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then, remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together caramel sauce and flour. Then, spread on top of the bottom base.
- Sprinkle the caramel sauce with chocolate chips and toffee baking bits
- Carefully top it all off with the remaining sugar cookie dough. Do your best to cover it all. It doesn't have to be blemish free or flat, just covered.
- Return to oven and bake another 20 minutes or until brown. Let bars cool for 30 minutes before cutting/serving.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate