One Bowl Chocolate Snack Cake with Mint Avocado Frosting– A moist chocolate cake that can be ready in just 30 minutes! It requires just a handful of ingredients and can be topped with any variety of frosting. Mine is frosted with Mint Avocado Frosting – – Super creamy and just the right amount of mint.
- Flour + Baking soda + Salt
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar
- Mint extract
Sugar: If desired, you can replace regular white sugar with coconut palm sugar.
Oil: A neutral tasting oil works best for this cake. Vegetable, sunflower or canola oil will all work well.
Milk: A non-dairy alternative ( almond, cashew, etc) will work in this cake.
How to Remove the Flesh from an Avocado:
- First, place the avocado lengthwise on your cutting board.
- Then, holding the avocado securely, cut it lengthwise, around the seed.
- Hold the sliced avocado in the palm of your hand and using your other hand, twist it and rotate the two halves apart.
- Remove the seed. Scoop out the green flesh with a spoon to puree. You won’t need the skin or seed. It can be discarded or composted. 🥑
More Frostings Options:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Marshmallow Frosting with Marshmallows
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting: No Refined Sugar
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Frosting
- Cream Cheese Frosting
A note about frosting: This recipe makes about 2 cups of frosting. If you have any leftover, be sure to store it in a covered container in the refrigerator. It’s best used within 2-3 days.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- flesh from 2 ripe avocados
- 4 TBSP butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 3 1/2- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa powder and sugar. Then, add in oil, vanilla and milk. Whisk together until no dry spots are left. Don't over mix.
- Spread the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- Make Frosting: In a food processor or blender, blend flesh of the avocados until smooth. Transfer the puree into a mixing bowl.
- Beat the puree with softened butter until creamy. Add in vanilla and mint. Beat to combine. Gradually, add in powdered sugar and beat until desired consistency is reached.
- Frost on cooled cake.
- Store any leftover frosting in a covered container in the refrigerator. Use within 2-3 days.
- frosting makes approx 2 cups
- frosting adapted from A Southern Grace
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 783Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 162gFiber: 3gSugar: 144gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate