Sugar Cookie Cake- A giant sugar cookie in cake form! A soft cookie loaded with two kinds of chocolate chips and topped with a creamy vanilla frosting.
For my final post of 2020, I bring you a giant sugar cookie. It’s an adaptation of my soft sugar cookies and it’s just plain fun!
What Ingredients are Needed?
- Flour + Baking soda+ Baking Powder
- Butter flavor shortening
- Powdered sugar
Chocolate chips? I opted to stir in two different types of chocolate chips for our cookie cake. This is optional, but, does add even more deliciousness to it.
Frosting: The frosting is a very creamy vanilla frosting and can easily be tinted to your favorite color.
How to Make: Start by beating your softened butter with sugar, then, add in eggs and vanilla. Beat it all until it’s creamy.
Next, gradually add in the dry ingredients and beat just until dough forms. Spread the dough evenly into your prepared pan and bake!.
A note about baking: If necessary, cover sides of pan lightly with foil after about 15 minutes, to avoid the edges from burning.
Thank you for making 2020 a great success here at Big Green House. I hope you all have a happy and healthy holiday season.
See you in 2021- 🎉
Used in this Recipe:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8-9 inch round baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside. In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well. Gradually blend in flour mixture until dough forms. Stir in both varieties of chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until brown. If necessary, cover sides of pan lightly with foil after about 15 minutes, to avoid the edges from burning. Cool completely before frosting.
- Make Frosting: Beat ingredients together until creamy. Adding/subtracting milk to reach desired consistency. Frost on cooled cookie cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 970Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 451mgCarbohydrates: 129gFiber: 2gSugar: 101gProtein: 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate