Eggless Brownies- -Fudgy brownies that require NO eggs!
How much are eggs in your area? Around here, they inching towards $6-$7 a dozen, depending on the store. Of course, that is if the store has eggs. I have been to a few places and they egg section is slim pickins’.
Whatever your current egg purchasing predicament or if you are simply avoiding eggs, no fear! You can still make some seriously fudgy brownies.
- Flour + Salt + Baking powder
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Sugar + Vanilla
If desired, you can replace this with a neutral tasting oil.
- Your batter will be thick. If it seems too dry, you can add a smidgen (don’t go over a tablespoon) of milk or water.
- Storage: Keep any leftovers in a covered container. No need to refrigerate, unless the weather is very hot/humid.
- Freezing: These brownies are OK to freeze. Let them cool completely before storing them in a freezer safe/covered container or storage bag.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt + 2 TBSP
- splash of vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- dash of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar, yogurt, vanilla and melted butter until fully combined. Add in flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix until fully combined and no dry spots remain.
- Spread the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let brownis cool for about 20 minutes before serving.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate