Sheet Pan Cookie Bars- -A fun twist to your average cookie! Spreading your cookie dough on a flat rimmed baking sheet gives your cookies a new look and a delicious taste.
📌 Pin it for Later
- Chocolate chips
Butter: These require 2 sticks ( yes!) of butter. Make sure they are softened.
Sugar: If desired, you can use brown sugar or coconut palm sugar as a replacement.
Chocolate Chips: I like to use dark chocolate chips, but, regular semi sweet will work just fine.
Can I make these in a 9 x 13 pan? Yes. I made ours in a flat rimmed baking sheet that was about 10-12 inches in size. If you don’t have one on hand, then, use the 9 x 13. However, you will have to adjust your baking time.
A few notes:
- Your batter is going to be on the thicker side. For easier spreading, spray your spatula with a bit of non stick cooking spray beforehand. This will make getting the batter into the pan much easier.
- When spreading the batter, don’t rush it. Take your time. Rushing may cause the batter to tear. Which, isn’t a big deal, but, is frustrating.
- After baking the bars, you will remove them from the oven and sprinkle the top with chocolate chips. After that, place them back into the oven. This gives the chocolate chips a chance to soften up, making spreading them much easier. When you place the pan back into the oven with the chocolate chips, only let them sit in the oven for about 30-45 seconds. You don’t want a pool of melted chocolate on your bars. It is simply to soften them up!
More to Explore:
- Caramel Chocolate and Toffee Sugar Cookie Bars
- Potato Chip Candy Bar Brownies
- Baked S’mores Bars
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a flat baking sheet/cookie sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla. Then, add flour in gradually. Mix all until dough forms.
- Spread dough onto baking sheet. Spraying your spatula with some non stick cooking spray makes spreading the dough a little easier.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle the top with chocolate chips.
- Put back in your oven for just a minute to get chocolate chips soft.
- Then, remove and spread chocolate on top of cookie. Go slowly. Your dough is warm and will tear is you aren’t careful.
- Cool completely and then, cut with knife or pizza cutter.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate