Small Batch Lasagna- The classic comfort dish made for just a small group. Cheesy lasagna loaded with sauce, ground turkey and zero ricotta cheese!
- Lasagna noodles
- Ground turkey
- Dried oregano
- Spaghetti sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
No Ricotta Cheese?
Nope. My family doesn’t like it. As an alternative, I use an egg/milk mixture to help hold things together.You won’t miss it…promise. 😉
Feel free to use ground beef or Italian sausage instead. However, you may need to drain the meat after browning it and before adding the spaghetti sauce.
I used regular lasagna noodles that need to be boiled beforehand. If you wish to use oven ready noodles, they will work. Just remember to adjust your cooking time!
Can This Recipe Be Doubled?
- Yes. You have two options. First, double the ingredients and make in a 9 x 13 baking pan. Increase your covered baking time by about 10 minutes.
- Second, double the ingredients and use 2- 8 x 8 baking pans. That way, you can freeze the second pan for a later (see next note).
How Do I Freeze This?
- You have two options for this too. First, prepare the lasagna, but, don’t bake it. Cover it tightly with foil.
- Second option, prepare it and bake it. Let it cool completely, then, again, cover it tightly with foil.
- For both options: Cover it really well! You want it to be airtight ( to prevent freezer burn). When you are ready to eat, uncover the pan and let the lasagna defrost for several hours. Cover it again with new foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven as noted in the recipe. If the lasagna is totally frozen when being baked, increase your baking time by 20-30 minutes.
Serve it with No Knead Artisan Bread.
Explore More Small Batch Recipes
- 6-8 dry lasagna noodles (not oven ready)
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Prepared lasagna noodles according to package. Set aside.
- In a skillet, brown ground turkey with dried oregaono until no longer pink. Add in the spaghetti sauce and mix to combine. Cook an additional minute or two to heat thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- Build your Lasagna Layers: Spread a portion of the meat/sauce mixture, then, top with cooked noodles. Brush the top of the noodles with egg mixture. Then, add a layer of shredded cheese. Repeat layers, finishing with cheese at the top layer.
- Cover the pan with foil. Bake for 20 miniutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered an additional 15-20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Let the lasagna sit for about 15 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 527Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 795mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 34g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate