Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce-An easy red sauce that can be used to top off your favorite pasta or use it in place of the jarred version in any recipe. It’s delicious and cooked right up in your slow cooker.
- Crushed tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
If desired, you can use dried onion flakes or onion powder, instead of a fresh onion. If you do go with the dried version, you can cut your cooking time by about 30 minutes.
Below is what I like to add to our sauce. However, of course, feel free to adjust them as you like. You can also use fresh spices/herbs.
How to Make
Add your ingredients into the pot of your slow cooker. Give them a stir. Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours or until the onions are soft.
Let the sauce cool completely, then, store it in airtight jars/containers in the refrigerator. If desired, you can also freeze this sauce. Be sure the container/jars are freezer safe and remove as much air as possible. Refrigerated sauce is best used within a week. Frozen sauce will be good for a couple of months.
More Savory Recipes to Try
- 2- 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Place all ingredients into pot and give it a good stir. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours or until onions are soft.
- Let the sauce sit for about an hour to cool. Then, if desired, blend with a stick blender until the desired consistency is reached.
- Let the sauce cool completely before storing. Keep in covered jars/containers in refrigerator or freezer.
- Sauce will be good in refrigerator for approx a week. It will stay good in the freezer for about 2 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 611mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 8gSugar: 19gProtein: 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate