Peanut Butter Cookies! These delicious cookies are soft as a pillow and require zero refined sugar. Honey gives them a delicious taste and texture.
Happy New Year!
I was a bit stumped when deciding what to post for January here on my new baking blog. Now, the holidays? That’s easy..baked goods galore!
But, this time of year? So many people want to cut back, go on diets, get healthy…you know the routine.
With that, I decided to still share some very amazing baked goods, but, with one exception…no refined sugars.
What Does that Mean?
- None of the recipes for this month will include white sugar, brown sugar or powdered sugar. Instead, they will be sweetened with honey, maple syrup, or coconut palm sugar. Plus, any chocolate will be dark.
Are you excited?! Yep, me too.
First up, cookies!
Back in July, I shared chocolate chip cookies made with honey. I fell in love with them. With the same thought, these peanut butter cookies come into play.
Your Ingredients List:
- Peanut butter
- Whole wheat flour ( or white)
- Baking soda + Salt + Vanilla
Aren’t there chocolate chips in yours? Yes. I tossed a few dark chocolate chips into half the batter. Leave them in or out..either way the cookies taste amazing.
Super soft and only use a handful of simple ingredients. A great way to start the year!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment or silicone mats.
- In a mixing bowl, beat peanut butter and honey until smooth. Then, add in egg and vanilla. Beat to combine. Add in flour, salt and baking soda and beat until fully combined.
- Scoop dough with a medium size cookie scoop or with a tablespoon and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until browned. Let cookies cool for 5-8 minutes before removing from baking sheet. Then, cool completely on a wire rack,
- adapted from bless this mess
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate