Mini Lemon Pies-All the great tastes of a sweet lemon pie without all the work! Creamy lemon pies baked in a muffin pan and topped with a fluffy homemade whipped cream. Just right for spring treat.
Before I jumped into this recipe, I want to check in with you guys.
How are you? How is your family? Friends? Work?
We are doing well here and practicing social distancing from friends, school and work. Well, not my work. That’s in our kitchen and with everyone home, I’ve been cooking and baking overtime.
Including these mini pies with my favorite flavor = lemon 🍋
Your Ingredients List:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Egg yolks
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Lemon juice + lemon zest
A few notes:
- You will need 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs for the crust. This should be about 8 squares of graham crackers.
- If you don’t have fresh lemons on hand, bottled lemon juice will work just fine.
- Not a fan of lemons? Limes can be used as a replacement!
- Don’t have any sweetened condensed milk? Make it homemade.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup lemon juice ( approx 4 lemons)
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 TBSP powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 count muffin pan with liners.
- In a bowl, mix together ingredients for crust. Scoop approx 1 tablespoon of crumbs into each well of the muffin pan. Press the crumbs firmly into the liners. Use the bottom of a glass to ensure they are securely in place.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before adding filling.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together filling ingredients until smooth. Divide filling evenly into cooled crust.
- Place back in oven and bake 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Let them cool 10-15 minutes, then, refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Make topping: With an electric mixer, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Top pies before serving.
- Keep leftovers in refrigerator.
- If don't wish to make homemade whipped cream for the topping, you can use a store bought or whipped topping ( ex: Cool Whip)
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 0gSugar: 30gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate