Mixed Berry Sweet Rolls! Soft rolls with a sweet mixed berry filling and topped with a classic powdered sugar glaze.
While I love a good cinnamon roll as much as the next person, it is nice to switch things up a bit once in a while.
These rolls are much like the classic cinnamon roll, but, with a few minor differences: They have a mixed berry filling..no brown sugar. Plus, no yeast! No waiting for this dough to rise.
Mixed Berry Sweet Rolls = Berry Love Overload. 💜 😋
Your Supply List:
- 9 x 13 baking dish + non stick cooking spray
- Electric mixer + mixing bowl
- Two smaller mixing bowls
- Rolling pin
- Sharp knife
- Measuring cups + spoons
A Note: These rolls are not going to fill out an entire 13 x 9 dish. They are a bit smaller than an average roll. I baked them in this dish to catch any overflow of jam from the rolls. If you wish, you can bake them on a flat rimmed baking sheet. Be sure to cover it with parchment paper or foil before baking, for easier clean up.
Main Ingredients Needed:
- Baking powder + salt
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Canola oil
- Mixed berry jam
- Orange juice
- Powdered sugar
Ingredients Notes: If you don’t have any Greek yogurt on hand, you can sub it with sour cream or mayo. Also, any flavor jam will work with these. But, a berry flavor will work best with the light citrus flavor in the icing.
Tip: If your jam is tough to spread, add a teaspoon a water to it and give it a stir. This will thin it out a bit.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 TBSP sugar
- dash of salt
- 2 TBSP plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup mixed berry jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP orange juice
- 1 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 425 . Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Then, add in yogurt, oil, and milk. Mix until dough forms. Knead dough with your hands 4-5 times.
- On a well floured surface, roll dough out to a large rectangle. About 1/8 inch thick. Spread surface with jam. To make your jam a bit easier to spread, add about 1-2 teaspoons of water to it and stir.
- Roll dough into a log shape.
- Using a sharp knife, slice dough into 12 rolls.
- Place rolls in your prepared pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until brown.
- Let rolls cool for 15-20 minutes before adding icing.
- To make icing, whisk together ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Then, pour/drizzle on warm rolls.
- Keep any leftovers in refrigerator.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate