Two Chocolate Cupcakes- Just two chocolaty cupcakes topped with a creamy frosting. These are great if you are practicing portion control or simply don’t want to make a whole batch of cupcakes. Delicious and simple!
- Baking soda
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar
I like to use the dark chocolate variety for unsweetened cocoa powder. It definitely gives it a deeper cocoa flavor and color. You can find a link to the brand I use in the recipe card. Of course, use your preferred variety/brand for your cupcakes.
Any neutral flavored (vegetable/canola/sunflower) will work. If desired, you can replace it with melted butter. Just be sure to let the melted butter cool for about 5 minutes before adding it to the batter.
Don’t over mix your batter. This may give you dense cupcakes. Simply mix until no dry spots are left in the batter.
Don’t feel like making your frosting homemade? Use a can of the pre-made stuff! Also, if chocolate is not your preferred flavor, check out the frosting section of the index for some different flavor ideas. Note: these are also delicious simply plain 😉
Keep your cupcakes in a covered container in the refrigerator. They are best eaten in a 1-2 days.
- 3 TBSP flour
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP neutral tasting oil
- splash of vanilla
- 2 TBSP butter, softened
- 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4-5 TBSP powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease just 2 wells of a cupcake pan or line with cupcake papers.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add in milk, oil and vanilla. Whisk until fully combined. Don't over mix your batter.
- Divide batter evenly into the wells of the pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes or a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting: Beat butter until creamy. Add in powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Beat until fully combined and creamy. Frost on cooled cupcakes.
adapted from the baker chick
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 608Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 105gFiber: 1gSugar: 92gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate