Dairy Free Chocolate Cake–All the chocolaty goodness of a classic chocolate layer cake without eggs or any dairy.
I’ve made ( and eaten) quite a few chocolate cakes in my time. This one is one of my all time favorites. It contains no eggs and no dairy milk. It’s one of the most chocolaty, moist chocolate cakes that I have ever made. Plus, it’s frosted up with creamy chocolate frosting..no dairy in that either!
- Flour + Salt+Baking soda
- White sugar
- Coconut palm sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Almond or Cashew milk
- Plant based butter
- Powdered sugar
Coconut Palm Sugar: None on hand? Feel free to use brown sugar as a replacement.
Plant Based Butter: I like to use Country Crock. It’s not very expensive and has been easy to find in many of the grocery stores that I’ve shopped at. Actually, I use this in all my recipes. It’s just as creamy as regular butter and you won’t miss the dairy at all. Check out your butter section at your local store and see what they have, you may be surprised. If you are unable to find one you like, you can replace it with a neutral tasting oil ( canola/sunflower/vegetable).
- 2- 9 inch round cake pans + your favorite way to grease them
- Two mixing bowls
- Wire whisk
- Rubber/Silicone spatula
- Measuring cups + spoons
A few notes:
- Don’t over mix your cake batter. Simply mix it together until no dry spots are left in the batter. Over mixing can give you a dense cake.
- Frosting: I have included a chocolate frosting recipe. However, you can use your favorite frosting recipe in any flavor. Being that this is a simple chocolate cake, any flavor will go with it.
No Eggs? No Problem!
- Snickerdoodles: No Refined Sugar
- Florentine Cookies
- Small Batch Protein Brownies
- Vanilla Cockeyed Cake
- No Bake Cheesecake
linking up and weekend potluck
Dairy Free Chocolate Cake
Dairy Free Chocolate Cake--All the chocolaty goodness of a classic chocolate layer cake without eggs or any dairy milk!
- FOR CAKE:
- 3 cups flour
- Dash of salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 3/4 cup plant based butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups almond or cashew milk
- 2 sticks plant based butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cashew or almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2- 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In another mixture bowl, whisk together both sugars, melted plant based butter, vanilla and almond/cashew milk.
- Add flour mixture into wet ingredients. Mix until there are no dry spots left in the batter.
- Spread batter evenly into baking pans. Bake 18-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool completely before frosting.
- Beat plant based butter and vanilla until creamy. On low speed, gradually add in cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Add in non dairy milk until desired consistency is reached. Frost on cooled cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 948Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 684mgCarbohydrates: 117gFiber: 7gSugar: 75gProtein: 13g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Leave a comment