Cupcake Cones- Fun cupcakes that are baked into a flat bottom ice cream cone. They are totally versatile and great for your next party!
- Box of cake mix + Any ingredients called for on cake mix box
- Flat bottom ice cream cones
Can I Use Any Flavor Cake Mix?
- Yes. This will work with any flavor cake mix or you can make it homemade. Stick with a standard size box ( 15-18 oz) for this recipe.
Ice Cream Cones: Use flat bottom ice cream cones! You will need 24. See the recipe card for a link to purchase.
Frosting: I used Funfetti vanilla frosting dyed orange for the holiday. Like the cake mix, you can go with your favorite flavor/recipe/brand. I used 1- 15 oz container for all of these.
- Do not overfill your ice cream cones. Fill each one with approx 3 tablespoons of batter. It may not look like alot, but, remember, the batter will rise as it bakes.
- Storage: Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator. They are best eaten within 2-3 days.
- Freezing: These can be frozen. However, I do recommend freezing them without frosting. Keep them in a freezer safe, covered container/storage bag. Let them sit at room temperature to defrost. Then, frost and serve.
More Fun Foods to Try:
- 1 package of cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 24 flat bottom ice cream cones
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on the box. Fill each ice cream cone with approximately 3 tablespoons of batter. Don’t overfill.
- Then, place each filled cone into the wells of a 12 count cupcake pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool completely before frosting.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate