Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Cake- Crazy easy and crazy fudgy! This cake is a chocolate lover’s dream and can be made right in your slow cooker. Top it off with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream to finish it off.
Do you own a slow cooker/crock pot? If you don’t, you are missing out. They are pretty amazing. I use mine to make dinner, dessert and much more. ( see recipe card for the one I use)
Like our new savory recipes, slow cooker recipes were at the request of readers. So, with that I am going to try and add a few slow cooker recipes to the index. Hope you like them!
- Flour + Baking powder + Salt
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- Melted butter
- Boiling water
- Brown sugar
Pin it for Later!
How to Make + Notes:
- First, make your batter. Spread it into the bottom of a greased slow cooker pot.
- Then, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the fudge top and pour it on top of the chocolate chips. Very important: DO NOT MIX it!
- Cover your slow cooker and cook on high.
- Storage: Keep any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator. It’s best eaten within 2-3 days.
- All slow cookers are not created equal. Your cooking time may differ, depending on your slow cooker size/brand. Your cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This cake is fudgy and rich! Some topping ideas: Vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or whipped topping pair with it nicely.
linking up and weekend potluck
Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Cake
Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Cake- Crazy easy and crazy fudgy! This cake is a chocolate lover's dream and can be made right in your slow cooker. Top if off with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream to finish it off.
For the Batter:
- 3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 TBSP melted butter, cooled
- splash of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
For the Fudge Top:
- 1 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker pot.
- In a bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, sugar, flour, salt and baking powder. Add in milk, vanilla and melted butter. Stir until fully combined.
- Spread batter into the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the batter with chocolate chips.
- In a clean bowl, whisk together boiling water, brown sugar and 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Pour on top of the chocolate chips. DO NOT STIR!
- Cover and cook on high for 4-4 ½ hours or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cake cool for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 572Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 104gFiber: 4gSugar: 81gProtein: 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Monday 13th of February 2023
Made this for Super Bowl night. Very easy and came out tasty. Used a 3 quart crockpot. May make for next Christmas with crushed candy canes/peppermint candy as a topping before adding the ice cream or whip cream.
Wednesday 12th of October 2022
What size slow cooker did you use? I did not see it in the recipe.