Key Lime Cupcakes! Soft, moist cupcakes bursting with fresh lime flavor and topped with a creamy lime buttercream frosting.
“When life gives you limes, make margaritas”- Jimmy Buffett
Unless of course, you prefer cupcakes. 😉
- Flour + Salt+ Baking powder
- Lime: Juice + Zest
- Powdered sugar
A few things to note:
- This recipe makes 6 cupcakes, instead of the standard 12. If you wish to make a whole dozen, simply double your ingredients. Baking time remains the same.
- Be sure your butter is softened before using. This will give your cupcakes a much softer texture. How to Soften Butter
- Also, don’t over mix your batter. Mix it just to combine. Again, this will keep your cupcakes from becoming too dense.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- zest from 1 lime
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 TBSP butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 TBSP lime juice
- green food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 6 (or 12) count muffin pan or line with liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in vanilla, lime juice, zest and egg. Beat until combined. Gradually, add in flour mixture and milk. Alternating between the two. Beat until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
- Make frosting: Beat butter until fluffy. Add in powdered sugar and lime juice. Beat until desired consistency is reached. If desired, add a few drops of green food coloring and beat to combined.
- Frost on cooled cupcakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 1gSugar: 53gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate