Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Chicken- -Flavorful chicken made with creamy Alfredo sauce and your favorite red sauce. It’s made right in your slow cooker and goes great with a side of pasta.
Explore more savory recipes in the recipe index!
- Chicken breast
- Alfredo sauce
- Spaghetti sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Dried Spices: garlic, onion, oregano, salt, pepper
Questions and Answers
Can I Use Frozen Chicken?
Yes. Simply increase your cooking time by 15-30 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
Can I Use Homemade Sauces?
Of course! Homemade spaghetti sauce or Alfredo sauce will both work. You can also use your favorite brand/variety. Ex: low salt, chunky, low fat, low sugar, chunky, etc
Can I Double this Recipe?
If you can fit it in your slow cooker, yep. However, you may need to increase your cooking time.
How Long Do I Cook this on the Low Setting?
The recipe below is for 4 hours on high. But, if you wish to cook your chicken on the low setting, increase your cooking time to 6-8 hours.
How Do I Know when the Chicken is Fully Cooked?
Before shredding, the internal temperature of your chicken should be at least 165 degrees when it’s completely cooked.
What Size Slow Cooker Do You Use?
I cooked ours in a 6 quart slow cooker. See recipe card for exact brand.
Important Note to Remember
Not all slow cookers are the same! Your cooking time may differ, depending on your slow cooker size/brand. Be sure to check that internal temperature before eating to make sure your chicken is cooked completely.
😋 Side up your dinner with No Knead Artisan Bread
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt/pepper, to taste preference
- Grease the bottom of your slow cooker or line with liners. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the cooker. Season the chicken with garlic, onion, oregano and salt/pepper.
- Top the chicken with both sauces and cheeses. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until cook thoroughly.
- Remove chicken from the pot and shred with two forks Place the chicken back into the slow cooker and stir to mix.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
- If you wish to cook your chicken on the low setting, increase your cooking time to 6-8 hours, depending on the size of your chicken.
- Before shredding, the internal temperature of your chicken should be at least 165 degrees when it's completely cooked.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Meat Thermometer for Cooking, Instant Read Food Thermometer with Backlight Waterproof, Kitchen Digital Candy Thermometer for Grill BBQ Baking Water Milk Smoker Oil Deep Fry Liquids Turkey
Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Slow Cooker with 3 Cooking Settings, Dishwasher-Safe Stoneware Crock & Glass Lid, Silver (33665)
Organic Oregano - 0.8oz - Good & Gather™
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 864mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 44g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate