Kit Kat Brownies- Fudgy brownies with the added bonus of Kit Kat candy bars! Plus, it’s frosted with a super thick pile of chocolate buttercream frosting. Crazy good stuff.
- 1 box, chocolate cake mix
- Mini Kit Kat candy bars
- Powdered sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
Chocolate Cake Mix: Any brand/variety of chocolate will work. Stick with a 15-18 oz box size and you are good to go.
Kit Kat Candy Bars: I used a mini version of the bars, but, any size will work. You will simply have to adjust the amount of bars you need.
Butter ( for the Brownies): If desired, you can replace the melted butter in the brownies with a neutral tasting oil.
- Your brownie batter will be thick! So, if it’s thick, that is OK. 👍
- Be sure to let the brownie cool completely before frosting. You do not want a melty mess of Kit Kat bars…it’s not pretty.
Storage: Keep any leftover brownies or frosting in the refrigerator.
More Candy Themed Desserts:
- 1 standard box (15-18 oz), chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- approx 20 mini Kit Kat candy bars
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-3 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together dry cake mix, eggs, melted butter and milk until fully combined. Your batter will be thick.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Top the batter with candy bars.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let brownies cool completely before frosting.
- Make Frosting: Beat butter and shortening until creamy. Gradually, add in cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add in milk until desired consistency is reached
- Frost on cooled brownies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate