S’mores Cookies- Soft graham cookies topped with a fluffy marshmallow and melted chocolate. All the great tastes of s’mores in cookie form!
What is a Thumbprint Cookie?
Before baking the cookies, you will press your thumbprint into the ball of cookie dough to form a well. The well can be filled with a variety of fillings. Our well is filled with a marshmallow 😉
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Brown sugar
- Large marshmallows
- Chocolate bars
If desired, coconut palm sugar can be used as a replacement.
I found that large/standard size marshmallows cut in half were the easier to work with. However, you can use mini marshmallows. Use 2-3 mini marshmallows ( for each cookie) in place of the standard size cut in half.
I used 2-3 standard size Hershey’s chocolate bars, broken into squares. You can substitute with any type of chocolate bar or chocolate chips, if desired. You simply want to be able to cover a good portion of the marshmallow, once the chocolate is melted.
How to Make S’mores Cookies
- First, make your dough. Then, scoop a few teaspoons of dough and roll into a ball.
- Take your thumb and gently press into the ball of dough, to create a well. Bake for just 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown.
- Remove your cookies from the oven. Place half of a marshmallow (sticky side down) and carefully press it down into the well of each cookie. Return to the oven and bake just another 2-3 minutes. You want the marshmallows to just start getting fluffy.
- Next, place a square of chocolate on top of each warm marshmallow. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes. This will warm up the chocolate and make it easier to spread. If you want so speed up this process, pop them back in the oven for about 30 seconds- 1 minute.
- After the chocolate is soft/warmer, gently spread it over the marshmallow.
- Let the chocolate set before serving ( if you can wait that long!)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 3 TBSP flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 9 large marshmallows
- 2-3 regular size chocolate bars ( ex: Hershey's 1.55 oz bar), broken into lsquares
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment or silicone mats.
- Cut marshmallows in half. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add in egg and vanilla. Beat to combine. Add in flour and graham cracker crumbs and mix until dough forms.
- Scoop about 2-3 teaspoons of dough and form into a ball. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Gently press your thumb in the middle of the cookie to form a small well.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges start to brown. Remove from oven and carefully press half a marshmallow (sticky side down) into the well of each cookie.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows are just getting puffy.
- Remove from oven and place square of chocolate on top. Let the chocolate sit for 2-3 minutes to melt. Then, spread the chocolate to cover the marshmallow.
- Let the chocolate set before serving.
- adapted from Betty crocker
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate