Sour Cream Cheesecake with Sugared Cranberries! Classic and creamy sour cream cheesecake topped with sparkling sugared cranberries. A beautiful and festive dessert for the holiday season!
For the holiday season, I decided to bake this amazing cheesecake. It’ a recipe that goes way back into my childhood.
My mom baked this cheesecake every year for my Dad’s birthday. It was his favorite. Since both my parents are now gone, it definitely gives me a special feelings of them both. ❤️
My twist with this classic dessert is the cranberries. I decided to top ours with sugared cranberries. If you haven’t tried them yet, be sure to this year. They are tart, sweet and sparkly! ✨
What Supplies are Needed?
- 9 x 9 baking dish + foil
- Mixing bowl + fork
- Electric mixer + mixing bowl
- 2- smaller mixing bowl + spoons
- Saucepan + wooden spoon
- Wire cooling rack
A few recipe notes:
- No! You do not have to use a water bath for this cheesecake. Simply spread the batter into the crust and bake.
- Be sure your graham cracker crumbs are firmly pressed into the prepared baking pan. Use the bottom of a glass to help them stay firmly in place.
- When making the cranberries, don’t forget to let them sit and dry/set for the hour (s) time. This will help the sugar stay in place.
- You can also use these cranberries in drinks, on pies, on cupcakes or just as a holiday snack.
- Do not use frozen cranberries…make sure they are fresh.
FOR CHEESECAKE CRUST:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
FOR SOUR CREAM TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 TBSP sugar
FOR SUGARED CRANBERRIES:
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
TO PREPARE CRANBERRIES:
- In a saucepan, stir 1/2 cup sugar with water. Increase heat a bit and boil until sugar is dissolved. Add in cranberries and coat well. Remove with a slotted spoon and let them dry on a wire rack for 1 hour. After the hour, add remaining 1 1/2 cups of sugar into a mixing bowl. Coat dried cranberries in sugar completely, Remove and let them set for another hour on a wire rack.
- Line a 9 x 9 baking pan with foil. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add ingredients for crust into a bowl and mix well with a fork until crumbs form. Press firmly into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Make the cheesecake: In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Spread batter into crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes. While baking, mix sour cream and sugar for sour cream topping until well blended.
- After 40 minutes of baking, remove cheesecake. Carefully, spread sour cream mixture on top. Place back in oven for additional 10 minutes or until set.
- Once done, let cheesecake sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Then, refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with sugared cranberries. Store leftover cheesecake and cranberries in covered containers in refrigerator.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 453Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 1gSugar: 53gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate