Greek Yogurt Chocolate Frosting- A low fat, creamy chocolate frosting made with Greek yogurt. Use it with your favorite dessert!
I recently came across an interesting recipe over on the Cabot Creamery site. It peaked my interest immediately.
Greek yogurt + Powdered sugar = frosting?
Frosting? It never crossed my mind. 🤷♀️
I did not follow the noted recipe from Cabot completely. But, used it as a jumping off point for my own. The Cabot recipe was more of a glaze-type frosting, in my opinion. While it was pretty yummy, I was looking to make it a bit less sweet and more fluffy.
The Ingredients List:
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Powdered sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
A few recipe notes:
- If you wish to make the original plain recipe, find it here.
- This recipe makes about 3 cups of frosting . I was able to frost 12 regular size cupcakes and an 8 x 8 size cake with it.
- Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- This frosting is on the thicker side, but, I was able to pipe the cupcakes without any issue.
- These cupcakes and cake were made with my Doctored Up Cake Mix recipe.
Used in this Recipe:
- 3 TBSP plain Greek yogurt
- 2 TBSP shortening
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, beat yogurt and shortening until combined. Add in cocoa powder and vanilla. Gradually add in powdered sugar and beat until desired consistency is reached.
- Lightly adapted from Cabot
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1186Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 279gFiber: 1gSugar: 270gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate