Double Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake -A double chocolate delight! Fudgy chocolate bundt cake packed with mini chocolate chips and drizzled with a sweet glaze.
This cake brings back some many memories for me.
When I was a kid, this was my “go-to” birthday cake. Every year, I would ask for this on my birthday and every year, my mom made it perfectly. Actually, whatever she baked, it was made perfectly. She was such an amazing and talented baker.
I definitely got my love of baking from my mom. My mom passed away a few years ago, but, I still love to create so many of those family recipes that she shared with me.
It’s funny though, way back when, I assumed this was a really complex cake to make. Then, my mom gave the recipe and it was realized, it wasn’t complex at all. If fact, it’s pretty darn easy.
Darn easy with a huge flavor impact!
- Chocolate cake mix
- Sour cream
- Mini chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
Chocolate Cake Mix: Any brand of cake mix will work. Be sure it’s a “standard” size box for the recipe to work best.
Milk: I have used regular dairy milk with this cake and plant based ( almond milk)..both have gotten perfect results. If desired, you can also simply replace it with water.
Sour Cream: If you wish, this can be replaced with plain Greek yogurt.
- Need a few tips to make your bundt cake removal much easier? Find a few in this post.
- Not a fan of powdered sugar glaze? You can simply add a dusting on top instead.
- Bundt pan? See the recipe card for the one I like. Also, it is sometimes referred to as a fluted pan.
Love a Bundt Cake? Try these too:
- 1 box, chocolate cake mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 TBSP milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-10 inch bundt (tube) pan generously.
- In a mixing bowl, beat dry cake mix with milk, eggs and sour cream. Beat to fully combine. Fold in mini chocolate chips. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for about 15 minutes, then, remove it from the pan. Cool it completely on a wire rack before adding glaze.
- Make glaze: Whisk together glazed ingredients until smooth. Drizzle on the cooled cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate